PLEASE NOTE: Our opportunities are for a minimum of 6 month commitment.
Our volunteers help facilitate our wellbeing focused groups and activities while learning and developing their leadership skills.
From crafts to music to walking to board games, we have a whole host of groups and activities aimed at reducing social isolation in the Leeds community.
What do group volunteers do?
- Work with our staff to put on fun and welcoming groups.
- Encourage attendees to stay well, learn new things, have fun and connect with others in their communities.
- Be a good listener with the ability to signpost to relevant services.
- Develop the role and make it your own depending on the needs of yourself and the service and the groups.
Task and Responsibilities
- Attend volunteer training where you will learn and develop your current skillset.
- Engage with your new peer support network of other volunteers.
- Engage your communication and leadership skills to facilitate groups and activities.
- Actively engage with and encourage the Five Ways to Wellbeing.
Skills acquired: Communication Skills, Leadership, Customer Service, Decision Making, Interpersonal Skills, Mental Health, Problem Solving, Organisation and Timekeeping.