Your Space Service Covid-19 update
Your Space provide the following online support:
- Facebook Groups – Community Wellbeing Groups in LS8, LS9, LS10, LS11, Burmontoft and Your Space Mens Group
- Zoom Groups – Chocolate Chat Chill LS9 with Shuria (day and time to be confirmed), CCC LS8 Fridays 4-5pm with Amareen, CCC LS11 Wednesdays 5-6pm with Anne, Journaling Group Fridays 1-2pm with Anne, plus daily #CreateToConnect hangouts during the 14day challenge (ends Sunday)
- Twitter – Tweet and retweet interesting or helpful information, source info for FB groups and for advertising/ posting stuff about Your Space groups
- Instagram – reposting positive content and advertising our groups and other local resources
- Whats app Groups – LS9 Choc Chat Chill Group, LS11 WhatsApp group
- One to One phone support
- Upcoming developments: Chaitan and Anne alongside a volunteer have been working on developing online quiz and bingo events which should be ready soon, also developing a WhatsApp Wellbeing Course which will offer training resources to people signed up who then do the self-led exercises
- Please follow our social media for new groups and activities, if you would like to take part or lead on a group activity please get in touch with us by phone or through our social media pages.
Your Space is a project which aims to support communities to support themselves and each other. We are very much led by its members – their ideas, their needs and (key to the success) their strengths.
Commissioned for 3 years and established in April 2019 as a service partnership; Touchstone, Womens Health Matters and Holbeck Elderly Aid came together with their common interest to improve health and wellbeing for their target groups. Your Space hopes to nurture a preventative, protective and self sufficient approach in the key areas of LS8, 9, 10 & 11, to promote healthier living and improved futures.
Our Community Development Workers offer groups and creative activities in accessible locations. Providing space to get involved, seek support, connections with others and signposting to other services.
Understanding wellbeing, recognising signs and symptoms of mental health issues, learning coping skills and building resilience are essentials in the tool kit of healthy living. We offer training to local groups and workforces including awareness raising, mindfulness & meditation. This can be tailored to meet the needs of the organisation.
Our Volunteer programme is the provision for local members to use their skills, experience and interests to strengthen the communities they live in. Its also an opportunity to develop potential through training, working alongside us and making connections with other services and professionals.
If you think you’d like to know more about our service, either to join in a local interest group, access training or volunteer opportunities – please get in touch by calling 0113 426 1141 or email email@example.com. You can also check out our social media pages for regular team and activity updates.