PLEASE NOTE: Our opportunities are for a minimum of 6 months and we do not provide student placements.
Anti-Stigma Champions are people with lived experience of mental health conditions who campaign to change the way people think and act about mental health.
Research shows that the best way to change attitudes is through conversation. When we share our experiences, we can change attitudes and behaviours.
What do Champions do?
- Our champions utilise their lived experience to share their stories. Bu doing so, the encourage open and honest conversation about mental health.
- You don’t need to be an expert on mental health or have knowledge of different mental health conditions – just bring your authentic self.
- This role is varied from attending workshops and events, organising activities, to shaping the very work we do!
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Speaking up and challenging false or damaging stereotypes about mental illness.
- Sharing your story and talking about your experiences on a variety of channels.
- Running an activity in your local community.
- Shaping our work and influencing the work of Anti-Stigma Leeds.
Skills acquired: Communication Skills, Customer Service, Decision Making, Interpersonal Skills, Mental Health, Problem Solving, Organisation and Timekeeping.