Community Support Team Covid-19 update
Currently CST is closed to referrals apart from Amber Support as we have no further capacity. CST will post on the website once referrals can be taken again. As well as maintaining support to our own service users via regular telephone and remote 1:1 appointments, the CST team is supporting LYPFT’s Community Mental Health Teams across Leeds. The team offered to take on service user telephone support for colleagues within CMHTs and now we are supporting 60 people, freeing up the CMHTs to work with more vulnerable/high risk clients.
CST is an intensive mental health support service using an assertive outreach approach. CST works with service users who have complex mental health needs-service users referred must have a mental health condition that falls within mental health clusters 4-8, or 11-17. Referrals are largely (80%) through Community Mental Health Teams and other LYPFT services such as Forensic Outreach Team, Assertive Outreach Team and hospital wards e.g. Becklin Centre and Newsome Centre wards. Some referrals (20%) can be taken from other agencies.
CST uses a Strengths based recovery approach with a focus on the individual and their strengths and interests.
Each service user has a named key worker who will support them one to one, however they may also be supported by other members of the team e.g. at weekends, and when attending groups or service user review meetings. The aim is to ensure continuity of service.
Following Assertive Outreach principles the one-to-one service will be offered in venues that suit the service user-in their own homes, in local community settings or at Touchstone premises, the service user can choose.
The aim of CST support is to enable service users to manage their own well-being and recovery and move towards greater social integration.
Key features of the service
- Weekend service-one day each weekend.
- Outlook Group-structured time limited closed group jointly run with an Occupational Therapist from the Assertive Outreach Team.
- Social Group-staff supported group offering casual social activities co facilitated with AOT.
- Staying Well Group, co facilitated with CMHT workers.
- Gym Group-supported by CST Fridays and AOT Tuesdays.
- Quarterly access to service user review meetings where consultation, feedback and discussion about the service takes place informally.