This Sunday (12th June) a group of young people from West Yorkshire will be travelling to Paris for the first stage of training in the Find Yourself Leadership Programme that has been established by Erasmus+ (the European Union programme for education, training, youth and sport.)
In total, 30 young people (aged 18 to 25) from England, France and Sweden will take part in the programme, visiting each other’s countries in order to deepen their knowledge of cultural diversity in Europe.
Touchstone’s Community Development Service has worked in partnership with Erasmus+ and Locality to extend this opportunity to young people in our region.
The benefits for the young people involved will include:
- Developing key skills and competencies in leadership
- An opportunity to find out what others in Europe are doing to lead change in their communities
- Learning about styles of leadership and the position of leaders within their movements.
- Knowledge and understanding of participatory youth involvement in democratic processes in partner countries.
- Knowledge of European programmes and schemes allowing engagement and participation in democratic processes.
On returning to the UK, the participants will have a chance to put what they’ve learned into practice, before going to Sweden for the second module in November.