Most people have had experience of feeling new, not knowing where things are or how to get help. Well, here is your opportunity to be a buddy to somebody that is new to the city – to show them things like:
- where the train and bus stations are
- visiting museums together
- exploring different areas of Leeds
- how to access services like GPs
- taking up a hobby together.
We are looking for people who are interested in volunteering a couple of hours each week to help somebody get out and about in Leeds.
MAP+ are organising this buddying project. If you’d like to volunteer or to make a referral, you can contact them on 0113 248 4880.
We can offer you:
- Free volunteer training over four sessions and support from Touchstone
- Matching to individuals who will benefit from your experience and skills
- Travel expenses
Buddy project leaflet