Connecting Opportunities is still running and is open to new referrals during Coronavirus/Covid-19 outbreak.
All services for participants are being offered remotely. Existing participants should speak to their Keyworker to discuss specific arrangements.
Connecting Opportunities works with new migrants to develop their skills and opportunities to find work and be part of the local community. Connecting Opportunities is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
For more information, visit: www.connectingopportunities.org.uk
Key features of the service
- Service offered by ten dedicated, specialist agencies with good knowledge of the specific issues faced by migrants.
- Service tailored to each individual, not ‘one size fits all’.
- One-to-one support for up to 12 months.
- Specialist mental health support available.
- We ensure the perspectives and contributions of women are included in this project.
- Local mentors and befrienders help participants become familiar with their local community.
- We can use interpreters.
- We support participants with travel and childcare costs.
Aims of the project for our participants
- Develop their employability skills
- Improve their English
- Increase their confidence and wellbeing
- Meet new people, integrate and feel part of the wider community
- Have a greater understanding of the British workplace
We welcome migrants and refugees who:
- Are age 15 and above
- Have permission to work in the UK but are not in work
- Live in West Yorkshire or parts of North Yorkshire
- Have arrived into the UK within the last 10 years and who do not have British Citizenship