Every year from the 25th November (International Day to End Violence Against Women) till the 10th December (Human Rights Day) groups around the world campaign to highlight the high incidence of violence aimed at women and girls and encourage everyone to take a part of the responsibility for stopping it.
Touchstone wants to stand alongside all those others, to offer support to victims and to those who want to change their behaviour or to educate others.
It’s not an issue that goes away for the rest of the year, but through coming together at this time to highlight it, individuals and organisations can hope to reach as many people as possible.
Here’s links to some resources on the 16 Days, on the nature and scale of violence against women and on the kind of action you can take to help raise awareness…
- Amnesty International: “16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence“
- Facebook page: “The Official 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign“
- Refuge: “16 Days fundraising challenge”
- Women’s Aid: “16 Days: Together we can end domestic abuse“
- UN Women: “Take action to Orange your day“