Touchstone supports people from a wide range of backgrounds and we aim to reflect the same diversity among our staff. To check how we’re doing, each year we ask staff to complete a brief survey. The results of our 2016 survey are summarised below.
- 14% of staff have a disability, compared to 13% the previous year. Our current objective is 15%.
- 44% of staff are from a BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) backgrounds, compared to 47% the previous year. Our objective is to maintain at least 40% BME staff.
- We employ 78% female and 22% male staff, compared to 67% female and 33% male the previous year. Our objective is to have 50% female and 50% male staff.
- 16% of staff identify as LGB (Lesbian, Gay or Bi), compared to 14% the previous year. Our objective is to maintain at least 10% LGB staff.
- 4% of staff said that their gender identity is not the same as they were assigned at birth.
- 64% said they were able to discuss their gender identity at work.