The Wakefield Community Enablement Team is a brand new community-based support service which will support individuals with multiple and complex mental health needs to enable you to live independently within your own community. This service is funded by NHS West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board.
The service is for individuals living in Wakefield and surrounding areas that meet the following:
- Aged 16+
- Have complex mental and emotional health needs.
- Need support with accessing community-based activities.
- Who may be at risk of a deterioration of mental health, tenancy related issues, re-admission to hospital or risk of re-offending.
What support do we offer?
The Community Enablement Team has a team of experienced Mental Health Outreach workers who will provide a strengths-based offer of one-to-one support sessions. Service users will be allocated a designated outreach worker, who will identify outcomes with you which will be person-centered and recovery-focused.
We will work together to develop a plan to focus on the following areas:
- Reduce reliance on crisis services
- Maximising independence & increasing confidence
- Support to liaise with other professionals attend meetings and appointments
- Keeping safe and managing risk
- Promote your strengths , skills and coping strategies to improve and manage wellbeing
- Reduce isolation and engage in your local community .
- Increase independence, choice and control.
- Develop skills and access to education , training and employment .
- Develop and increase life skills & financial management.
- Support to retain your tenancy / home as independently as possible .
If you would like to make a referral please email the completed form attached and return along with a relevant risk assessment, safety plan or WRAP
via email to wakefield-CET@touchstonesupport.org.uk.
We aim to acknowledge referrals within 7 days. Please note that we will not be holding a waiting list and we will update the website if referrals are closed.