Earlier this year, Stop Hate UK launched a new hate crimereporting app for West Yorkshire. The app can be used on Android or Apple phones and tablets and helps witnesses and those targeted because of their identity, throughout West Yorkshire, to report incidents of hate crime.
Users can also access information and advice about local Hate Crime services.
Here are some of the features of the app:
- Allows picture, video or audio recording to be uploaded directly from the device
- Easy to use with details of local resources and information about hate crime and discrimination
- Links directly to leading independent organisation or to the police in an emergency situation
- Allows a direct response to the person making the report and referrals to appropriate organisations (including the police)
- GPS enabled to help plot the exact location of incidents
- Quarterly reports to monitor usage information and statistics
- No pre-registration is required so reports can be anonymous
Development of the app has been made possible by funding from the Police and Crime Commissioner of West Yorkshire, as part of the Supporting Victims of Hate Crime Fund and is the first app of its kind.
- Download for Android devices
- Download for Apple devices