We asked participants in the Best Start peer support programme how they felt on the final day of the course. Here is what they said.
- “I’m gutted, I wish it went on for longer, everyone has been really friendly, I will miss everyone”
- “I wish it went on for longer, I’ve really enjoyed it and learnt so much about myself, I feel sad to say goodbye”
- “I’ve learned a lot of things, and the people have been amazing, coming has always made my day. Thank you very much to everyone”
- “I’ve really enjoyed it too, I was a bit reluctant at first, worried it might be a waste of my time, but I have learnt so much, techniques that have helped. I wish it was longer! It really helps me feel better to hear what other people say about the same things”
- “It was the first group I’ve ever stuck at, I’ve been telling everyone about it, I always feel better when I’ve been”
- “Learned a lot of hints and tips! I’d like it to be longer too and have been telling everyone in the other groups I go to, if you hear about this course, you have to go!
- “I’ve enjoyed the openness of everyone, you can just talk and listen”
Participants have an opportunity to stay involved, through online discussion, occasional meetings or training to be a Peer Supporter.
Find out more about the Best Start project.