The importance of safe, stable and secure housing in promoting wellbeing and positive mental health cannot be overstated. The Housing Team strive to support people to find appropriate accommodation as well as manage and maintain existing tenancies more effectively.
- 216 service users were supported in the last year.
- Outcome Star Scores for the year demonstrate significant improvements – especially around tenancy management and improved mental health.
- Service user feedback from recent questionnaires has been very positive about Touchstone’s Housing Service:
- 100% of service user respondents rated the Housing Service as excellent, very good or good.
- 100% of service user respondents rated their support as excellent to good.
- A diverse team supports our diverse communities – 25% of all Housing service users last year were from a BME background.
- Move-On Scheme (26 temporary supported tenancies)
- Last year, the Housing Team assisted 42 service users attain safe and secure permanent accommodation following a period of support.
- This means 93% of all clients supported in the scheme were supported to attain their own permanent accommodation with planned outcomes.
- 83% of these planned move-ons were achieved within 6–9 months of entering the service.
Positive Pathways (Floating Support: 84 People supported by Touchstone)
The Positive Pathways Consortium has had another successful year, directly supporting over 500 service users at any one time to help achieve service user goals and aspirations.
In the last year, 92% of all clients supported by Touchstone leaving this service successfully completed a programme of support with planned outcomes.
Other Housing Team Highlights
The Simon on the Streets charity offers street-based support for those in need and ‘Sleepwithsimon’ is an annual rough sleeping fundraising event. Whilst it’s not like sleeping rough, one night out in the open can give a powerful insight into the challenges of the elements and the isolation that rough sleepers face.
The Housing Team got involved with organising a group of staff to take on this challenge raising a massive £1,247, so congratulations to all who participated!
Funding was also secured for another year for our Housing Service User Consultant role which continues to help build on and develop our regular Housing Service User Involvement meetings.
Touchstone Annual Review 2015-2016