Self Directed Support Covid-19 update
Our Self Directed Support Service continues to operate during these difficult times. Our mental Health Support Workers continue to be committed to delivering essential support to our service users across the city.We have been working closely with our partners, service users and carers to find new, safe and creative ways to support people whilst continuing to offer mental health & wellbeing support to some of the most vulnerable people across the city.
Some of this support currently includes: shopping for people; support to ensure continuation of essential utility supplies, monitoring medication, and support collecting medication, if needed. We have found different ways of offering emotional support from video calling, telephone calls and working through tasks together or cooking to support people to keep their routines.
Keeping well at this time is more important than ever, our mental health workers are supporting individuals to manage stress and anxiety whilst working to develop and implement useful coping strategies.
We recognise that this is a difficult time for all of us. We are assessing individual’s needs and working closely with CMHT, CPNs, Social Workers, housing providers and others to co-create the most suitable package of support and manage the risks that the coming weeks and months may present.
If you would like to talk to someone about what the service could do for you we would be happy to discuss this on the contact details below –
Self Directed Support Team -0113 2718277
Touchstone House, 2-4 Middleton Crescent, Beeston, Leeds, LS11 6JU.
Jill Gaffrey –Personalisation Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide personalised support to people with individual budgets who opt for Touchstone to provide them with 1-1 specialised mental health support. Touchstone have been supporting people who have their own personal budgets, since 2010.
We use a person centred approach to focus on your strengths and aspirations, and aim to focus on “What’s strong not What’s wrong” while taking realistic steps to maximise your independence and recovery.
Support could be in any of these areas
- Developing meaningful relationships
- To participate in leisure, sporting activities, further education or work options
- Getting involved in your local community
- Learning to manage your health and wellbeing better
- Budgeting and financial management
- Attend groups , meetings about your support and health appointments
- To enable you to keep safe and make good plans to reduce harm
- Developing and increasing sustainable independence at home
- Developing a care plan with realistic achievable goals
Why choose us
- 30 years of mental health experience from an award winning organisation
- Culturally sensitive diverse workforce
- Experienced staff team, with expertise of supporting people with multiple and complex needs
- Evidence of reduced involvement with crisis services, hospital admissions and CMHT involvement while engaging in SDS package
- We have excellent relationships with our partners, in CMHT& ASC, often working closely to be involved in discharge plans from hospital & supporting recovery & transition back into the community
- Awarded 4 & 5 star “Green tick” provider for Leeds Directory
- Speak to your health professional, doctor , community nurse or social worker to see if you may be eligible for these budgets
“Mum is so motivated now and really looks forward to her worker coming , she is much healthier and her fitness has improved, she is getting out most days and trying loads of new things.”
Feedback from Daughter of client, June 2015
“Staff are brilliant, cannot be faulted, I am exceptionally happy & rely on Touchstone, both brilliant! *Maybe in the future I will volunteer when I’m better.”
MO, May 2019